SINGULARITY [pronounced: sing-gyuh-lar-i-tee]
- One unusual or unique quality.
- A column for The Essayist by Maria Gómez, which represents the experiences, emotions and essence of the unpredictable state of being single in Mexico City
- Mathematical singularity , a point at which a given mathematical object is not defined or not "well-behaved", for example infinite or not differentiable
- Astronomy. (in general relativity) the mathematical representation of a black hole
- Gravitational singularity, a point in space-time in which gravitational forces cause matter to have an infinite density and zero volume
- Mechanical singularity, a position or configuration of a mechanism or a machine where the subsequent behavior cannot be predicted
Late Latin singulāritās. Similar origin as Early Mexican margāritās